Simple Nomic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rule Proposal 24 - Code of Conduct: Appearance

+8
mask man
pyrodwarf
Pentadragon
Snix
Lord Gurgi
Mokina
Cybele
UltimaAvalon
12 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Rule Proposal 24 - Code of Conduct: Appearance - Page 2 Empty Re: Rule Proposal 24 - Code of Conduct: Appearance

Post  Mokina Thu Nov 13, 2008 11:31 pm

Fair enough. This just seems like it could have read:

Pentadragon's avatar and all others involving blood/gore are hereby banned.
...and still had the same support base. I'm not a fan of the whole moralistic, targeted type of proposal.
Mokina
Mokina
Cartographer

Back to top Go down

Rule Proposal 24 - Code of Conduct: Appearance - Page 2 Empty Re: Rule Proposal 24 - Code of Conduct: Appearance

Post  Snix Fri Nov 14, 2008 12:03 am

It's a matter of taste really. I mean, I've been around the internet and Penta's avatar doesn't really do anything for me. It's just there. I'd be behind no nudity or racial things but gore, at least on Penta's level, doesn't bother me. Granted a gif with some guys head exploading would be understandable. But that brings in the whole problem of where the line is and who determines that. We don't want an FCC on this forum do we?
Snix
Snix
Housing Director

Back to top Go down

Post  chenhsi Fri Nov 14, 2008 6:19 pm

Cybele wrote:So in other news... has anyone else discovered that this site has a gallery that you can choose your avatar from? Never really seen that implemented on other sites I've been on.

That's so cool! Although all of the choices suck. I'm sticking with my non-existent avatar.

chenhsi
Committee Chair

Back to top Go down

Post  BBM Fri Nov 14, 2008 7:53 pm

Vote: Yes

Possibly make it either clearly defined with an amendment, or give the decision to the duke or another created role down the line?

BBM
Citizen

Back to top Go down

Post  chenhsi Fri Nov 14, 2008 9:42 pm

Current vote count: 8 to 5

30 minutes left...

chenhsi
Committee Chair

Back to top Go down

Post  Cybele Fri Nov 14, 2008 11:56 pm

Yargh... this one passes 8 to 5, but since there isn't any real punishment, I feel like breaking my first proposal... How'd you want this to be amended, anyways?
Cybele
Cybele
Council Member

Back to top Go down

Post  pyrodwarf Sat Nov 15, 2008 2:59 am

so who gets to decide what is to gory? Is cybele's zombie peach to gory?
pyrodwarf
pyrodwarf
Activist

Back to top Go down

Post  Mokina Sat Nov 15, 2008 4:23 am

pyrodwarf wrote:so who gets to decide what is to gory? Is cybele's zombie peach to gory?

I like the idea of a player-elected judge who makes interpretations of existing laws. Many of the earlier ones were concrete, but now we're getting into an ambiguous realm.
Mokina
Mokina
Cartographer

Back to top Go down

Post  animorpherv1 Sat Nov 15, 2008 4:30 pm

pyrodwarf wrote:so who gets to decide what is to gory? Is cybele's zombie peach to gory?

1. skitzer/ any other mods atm would make that decision, it makes the most sense.

2. no, I don't think Cybele's avy would be too gory.
animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Council Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Pentadragon Sat Nov 15, 2008 4:35 pm

animorpherv1 wrote:

1. skitzer/ any other mods atm would make that decision, it makes the most sense.

So wait... melting eyes, an exposed ribcage and blood covered torso is alright, but my own avatar is not?
Pentadragon
Pentadragon
Activist

Back to top Go down

Post  animorpherv1 Sat Nov 15, 2008 4:37 pm

Pentadragon wrote:
animorpherv1 wrote:

So wait... melting eyes, an exposed ribcage and blood covered torso is alright, but my own avatar is not?

It comes down to opinions, I'm fine with yours now, actually. I didn't like it when I saw it at first, though.
animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Council Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Cybele Sat Nov 15, 2008 5:28 pm

Well, if Penta had to get rid of his, I'd scrap mine too, but frankly, I think that's ridiculous.
Cybele
Cybele
Council Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Pentadragon Sat Nov 15, 2008 5:34 pm

Its not blood, it is just red paint!
Pentadragon
Pentadragon
Activist

Back to top Go down

Post  Cybele Sat Nov 15, 2008 5:44 pm

That's just unhealthy. I disapprove.
Cybele
Cybele
Council Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2