Simple Nomic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rule Proposal 23: On Matters of Drinking

+6
pyrodwarf
Cybele
BBM
Pentadragon
Mokina
Snix
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Rule Proposal 23: On Matters of Drinking Empty Rule Proposal 23: On Matters of Drinking

Post  Snix Tue Nov 11, 2008 8:39 pm

It has come to the attention of this townsmember and those in his confidence that no real town exists that does not also serve it's members and those visiting from other townships via a tavern.

A tavern would be useful for the locals to get together and discuss the days events. Barter with eachother for supplies and have a good time.

It is also the wish of this townsmember and those in his liking to have the Tavern double as an Inn to help usher in the new waves of townsmen and travelers alike.

It is also to the liking of the proposers that the name of the Tavern/Inn be called Golden River to attest to the purity and abundance of our ales and spirits.

Code:
In Short:

A subforum in the sub-game namia shall be created. The name of the subforum shall be "Golden River", the description shall convey the purpose of the subforum, which is: To inform the new and bring together the old in discusion.

If posible the subforum shall also hold 2 subforums. One a welcome subforum to allow newcomers to say hello and get a little help with the more confusing rules that are sure to come. One that shall be used to hold discusions amongst the forum goers about what have they.

So it is written, so shall it be.
Snix
Snix
Housing Director

Back to top Go down

Rule Proposal 23: On Matters of Drinking Empty Re: Rule Proposal 23: On Matters of Drinking

Post  Mokina Tue Nov 11, 2008 8:40 pm

Vote: Yes to this proposal... a tavern for discussion and an inn to welcome newcomers. Sweet.
Mokina
Mokina
Cartographer

Back to top Go down

Rule Proposal 23: On Matters of Drinking Empty Re: Rule Proposal 23: On Matters of Drinking

Post  Pentadragon Tue Nov 11, 2008 8:42 pm

Snix wrote:It has come to the attention of this townsmember and those in his confidence that no real town exists that does not also serve it's members and those visiting from other townships via a tavern.

A tavern would be useful for the locals to get together and discuss the days events. Barter with eachother for supplies and have a good time.

It is also the wish of this townsmember and those in his liking to have the Tavern double as an Inn to help usher in the new waves of townsmen and travelers alike.

It is also to the liking of the proposers that the name of the Tavern/Inn be called Golden River to attest to the purity and abundance of our ales and spirits.

Code:
In Short:

A subforum in the sub-game namia shall be created. The name of the subforum shall be "Golden River", the description shall convey the purpose of the subforum, which is: To inform the new and bring together the old in discusion.

If posible the subforum shall also hold 2 subforums. One a welcome subforum to allow newcomers to say hello and get a little help with the more confusing rules that are sure to come. One that shall be used to hold discusions amongst the forum goers about what have they.

So it is written, so shall it be.

I approve. Vote: Yes

I am also considering proposing that a river run through Nomia. It would be nice and I believe it would be helpful in the future.
Pentadragon
Pentadragon
Activist

Back to top Go down

Post  Mokina Tue Nov 11, 2008 8:43 pm

Pentadragon wrote:I am also considering proposing that a river run through Nomia. It would be nice and I believe it would be helpful in the future.

How will we finance this? An inn is one thing, but digging a canal all the way through the desert to Nomia City? Ridiculous!
Mokina
Mokina
Cartographer

Back to top Go down

Post  Pentadragon Tue Nov 11, 2008 8:44 pm

Mokina wrote:
Pentadragon wrote:I am also considering proposing that a river run through Nomia. It would be nice and I believe it would be helpful in the future.

How will we finance this? An inn is one thing, but digging a canal all the way through the desert to Nomia City? Ridiculous!

I have enough schema pumpkins and elf tears that I stole collected to pay the warlocks for it.
Pentadragon
Pentadragon
Activist

Back to top Go down

Post  Snix Tue Nov 11, 2008 8:45 pm

Mokina wrote:

We obviously start taxing the people.
Snix
Snix
Housing Director

Back to top Go down

Post  BBM Tue Nov 11, 2008 8:49 pm

Snix wrote:
Mokina wrote:

We obviously start taxing the people.

In that case, I demand health insurance. Which would require we turn this into the Oregon Trail. Very Happy

Vote: Yea

BBM
Citizen

Back to top Go down

Post  Cybele Tue Nov 11, 2008 8:55 pm

AYE
Now get me some spirits t whet my whistle, boy!
Cybele
Cybele
Council Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Pentadragon Tue Nov 11, 2008 8:58 pm

Perhaps one of us can be Moses or, alternatively, one of the builders somehow "struck water" while constructing the tavern.
Pentadragon
Pentadragon
Activist

Back to top Go down

Post  BBM Tue Nov 11, 2008 9:13 pm

This proposal needs one thing:

A way to measure "drunk" based on number of drinks.

Make it happen.

BBM
Citizen

Back to top Go down

Post  pyrodwarf Wed Nov 12, 2008 12:58 am

vote: yes
pyrodwarf
pyrodwarf
Activist

Back to top Go down

Post  chenhsi Wed Nov 12, 2008 10:35 pm

And what about children?

vote: yes

chenhsi
Committee Chair

Back to top Go down

Post  animorpherv1 Thu Nov 13, 2008 4:36 pm

pyrodwarf wrote:vote: yes
animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Council Member

Back to top Go down

Post  skitzer Thu Nov 13, 2008 5:44 pm

Vote: Yes

skitzer
Council Chair

https://nomic.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  animorpherv1 Thu Nov 13, 2008 6:26 pm

vote:AYE
animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Council Member

Back to top Go down

Post  chenhsi Fri Nov 14, 2008 7:34 pm

It is an hour until the proposal becomes law.

Current status:

9 to 0, in favor of the proposal.

chenhsi
Committee Chair

Back to top Go down

Post  Mokina Fri Nov 14, 2008 8:32 pm

I volunteer to act as innkeeper when introducing new players. I need a job anyway, and I'm a fan of RP.
Mokina
Mokina
Cartographer

Back to top Go down

Post  animorpherv1 Sat Nov 15, 2008 4:29 pm

I volenteer to become to Tavern keeper.
animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Council Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Cybele Sat Nov 15, 2008 5:25 pm

Since the inn and tavern are the same building, and this is an RPG, the innkeeper and tavernkeeper are likely the same person. At least, that's how I've always seen it to be.
Cybele
Cybele
Council Member

Back to top Go down

Post  animorpherv1 Sat Nov 15, 2008 5:44 pm

fine.

Then I'm the bartender?
animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Council Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Cybele Sat Nov 15, 2008 5:45 pm

I think the innkeeper handles that too. Razz Bar wench is still open. You take orders and deliver drinks, and deal with customers in general. Doesn't pay as well, but that's what we got. Now, d'you want it, or are you jus' wasting our time?
Cybele
Cybele
Council Member

Back to top Go down

Post  animorpherv1 Sat Nov 15, 2008 5:46 pm

The innkeeper takes lots of jobs. Shocked

I'll take that position anyways.
animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Council Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Mokina Sat Nov 15, 2008 5:59 pm

animorpherv1 wrote:The innkeeper takes lots of jobs. Shocked

I'll take that position anyways.

Animorpherv1 replaces the NPC bar wench, effective immediately.
Mokina
Mokina
Cartographer

Back to top Go down

Post  Cybele Sat Nov 15, 2008 6:07 pm

PS- The wages haven't been drawn up yet, so I'm afraid my previous estimates were... too optimistic. Let's cut to the chase: you're not getting paid. We just don't really feel we have to. Have a problem with that? Make a Proposition, kiddo! Laughing Laughing
Cybele
Cybele
Council Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Lord Gurgi Sat Nov 15, 2008 6:26 pm

This should have passed by now. Is it possible for us to allow more people to keep track of passes and failures, to help expedite the whole process?

Lord Gurgi
Citizen

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next