Simple Nomic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Abolishment Proposal 1: Rule 4 (PASSED)

5 posters

Go down

Abolishment Proposal 1: Rule 4 (PASSED) Empty Abolishment Proposal 1: Rule 4 (PASSED)

Post  Mokina Fri Nov 07, 2008 1:12 pm

The fourth rule of this council states:
When a Proposal passes, any players that cast "No" votes on the Proposal will gain 1 point.
This proposal would repeal and abolish the aforementioned legislation.

Vote: Yes.
Mokina
Mokina
Cartographer

Back to top Go down

Abolishment Proposal 1: Rule 4 (PASSED) Empty Re: Abolishment Proposal 1: Rule 4 (PASSED)

Post  Cybele Fri Nov 07, 2008 5:11 pm

vote: no
Once again, I win either way. This is fun!
Cybele
Cybele
Council Member

Back to top Go down

Abolishment Proposal 1: Rule 4 (PASSED) Empty Re: Abolishment Proposal 1: Rule 4 (PASSED)

Post  skitzer Fri Nov 07, 2008 5:41 pm

Vote: No

Although I can't think of it ATM, taking this rule out of the game ruins the point of have the other three basic rules.

skitzer
Council Chair

https://nomic.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  pyrodwarf Fri Nov 07, 2008 6:06 pm

I think this rule is important, but it allows people to collect points by voting no on props that will most likely pass. I think an amendment to this rule is the answer, not a complete repeal.
pyrodwarf
pyrodwarf
Activist

Back to top Go down

Post  animorpherv1 Fri Nov 07, 2008 7:36 pm

vote:YES It sems reasonable.
animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Council Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Mokina Fri Nov 07, 2008 9:15 pm

Pyrodwarf has it right, I think. We need a system for players to collect points. What we don't want is a chenhsi Cybele situation.

Sorry. Read the name wrong.

Last edited by Mokina on Sat Nov 08, 2008 4:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mokina
Mokina
Cartographer

Back to top Go down

Post  pyrodwarf Sat Nov 08, 2008 1:09 am

whats a chenhsi situation? My main concern is a prop. getting really close to dead line, then having a bunch of people switch their votes to get points. Maybe set it up so that if it passes, the no votes get points, and if it fails, the yes votes get points?
for now vote: no
pyrodwarf
pyrodwarf
Activist

Back to top Go down

Post  Mokina Sat Nov 08, 2008 4:30 pm

But why reward people for obstructing what's generally accepted by the community? That seems doubly wrong.
Mokina
Mokina
Cartographer

Back to top Go down

Post  pyrodwarf Sun Nov 09, 2008 2:19 am

true enough. If this is abolished, passing proposals will be the sole point generation. I think this would be alright, for a time. Points currently have no meaning, anyways.
pyrodwarf
pyrodwarf
Activist

Back to top Go down

Post  Mokina Sun Nov 09, 2008 2:10 pm

There's no reason to reward voting against good propositions. That's the key, plain and simple.

I would oppose any rule that turns the point system into something meaningful. It has lost pretty much all legitimacy in my eyes.
Mokina
Mokina
Cartographer

Back to top Go down

Post  animorpherv1 Sun Nov 09, 2008 2:27 pm

vote;YES!!!!!!!!!!!!! It would be unfair, and we would not get any new proposals.
animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Council Member

Back to top Go down

Post  pyrodwarf Mon Nov 10, 2008 12:04 am

oh dang, i meant to change vote: yes
pyrodwarf
pyrodwarf
Activist

Back to top Go down

Post  pyrodwarf Mon Nov 10, 2008 12:05 am

Cybele wrote:vote: no
Once again, I win either way. This is fun!
but if this passes, you will no longer get points for voting no on a passing prop.
Will that take effect immediately, negating this point?
pyrodwarf
pyrodwarf
Activist

Back to top Go down

Post  Mokina Mon Nov 10, 2008 12:32 am

I can only assume this will take effect after Cybele's points have been awarded. Whatever.

skitzer wrote:Vote: No

Although I can't think of it ATM, taking this rule out of the game ruins the point of have the other three basic rules.

I must respectfully disagree.

The first rule establishes a very clear majority-based voting process. The second and third rules cause players to lose a point for a failed proposal and effectively gain a point for a passed one. Looking at it more abstractly, the point system under the second and third rules is an indicator of how acceptable a given player's proposals are to the community.

Points awarded by the fourth rule, on the other hand, are a measure of how anti-community a player is... after all, it's basically a tally of how willing they are to oppose acceptable proposals in exchange for points.
Mokina
Mokina
Cartographer

Back to top Go down

Post  skitzer Mon Nov 10, 2008 5:52 pm

Voting has ended on this Proposal.

There are 3 Yeas.
There are 2 Nays.

This Proposal has passed.

skitzer
Council Chair

https://nomic.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down