Simple Nomic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rule Proposal 20: Appointing Duke/Duchess

+6
Snix
UltimaAvalon
Pentadragon
Lord Gurgi
Cybele
Mokina
10 posters

Go down

Rule Proposal 20: Appointing Duke/Duchess Empty Rule Proposal 20: Appointing Duke/Duchess

Post  Mokina Tue Nov 11, 2008 2:23 am

Abstract: Makes having points a little less pointless, and allows for future leadership development.

Any player with 10 or more points is eligible for the Duke/Duchess leadership position. Assuming the condition for eligibility has been met, the position automatically goes to the player with the most points. Should another player take the top spot, the position passes immediately to the new leader.

Under this policy, all forum ranks will be changed to reflect citizenship and title.

The Duke/Duchess will be the source of any appointment-based leadership positions created in the future. Until then, he or she simply gets to wear a fancy hat and have a title. The creator of this proposal encourages amendment to link other roles to this one.

The name can be changed too. I haven't quite figured out when Nomia is set.
Mokina
Mokina
Cartographer

Back to top Go down

Rule Proposal 20: Appointing Duke/Duchess Empty Re: Rule Proposal 20: Appointing Duke/Duchess

Post  Cybele Tue Nov 11, 2008 2:25 am

Why not? Vote AYE.
Cybele
Cybele
Council Member

Back to top Go down

Rule Proposal 20: Appointing Duke/Duchess Empty Re: Rule Proposal 20: Appointing Duke/Duchess

Post  Lord Gurgi Tue Nov 11, 2008 2:31 am

Yes and such.

Lord Gurgi
Citizen

Back to top Go down

Post  Pentadragon Tue Nov 11, 2008 5:41 am

I personally like silly hats

Vote: Yes
Pentadragon
Pentadragon
Activist

Back to top Go down

Post  UltimaAvalon Tue Nov 11, 2008 7:10 am

Vote: No

I think points would work as a method for eligibility for leadership, but all leadership positions should be elected, not decided based on the size of one's pen---er...points

UltimaAvalon
Citizen

Back to top Go down

Post  Snix Tue Nov 11, 2008 8:46 am

vote yes
Snix
Snix
Housing Director

Back to top Go down

Post  Mokina Tue Nov 11, 2008 11:24 am

UltimaAvalon wrote:Vote: No

I think points would work as a method for eligibility for leadership, but all leadership positions should be elected, not decided based on the size of one's pen---er...points

Feel free to make amendments, should this pass. I would support an election-based policy if one were proposed.

Pentadragon wrote:I personally like silly hats.

The will of the people has been noted. This house would wear silly hats only.
Mokina
Mokina
Cartographer

Back to top Go down

Post  BBM Tue Nov 11, 2008 8:03 pm

I also agree with UA on the election based issue. This would be a wonderful time to use that "discussion" proposal, don't you think?

BBM
Citizen

Back to top Go down

Post  Mokina Tue Nov 11, 2008 8:11 pm

BBM wrote:I also agree with UA on the election based issue. This would be a wonderful time to use that "discussion" proposal, don't you think?

Personally, I would like to see an election system as well... but that requires a lot of thought beforehand. Who can vote and who can be elected? What about plurality/majority/supermajority requirements?

This merely establishes a reason to collect points and a leadership title. It's up to the amendment writers if a new system is desired.
Mokina
Mokina
Cartographer

Back to top Go down

Post  BBM Tue Nov 11, 2008 8:15 pm

I decided I would like to add more. I think that having the player with the highest points being duke would cause there to be a (more) frequent "leader" switch.

I think having points be a way to measure one's qualifications for said position, allowing them to run for an office, is the correct course of action. Possibly an election every two weeks (up for other ideas), in which any player with enough points may run if they so choose? Term limits might just have to be after two terms you cannot run again for X terms? I think an all-out "two terms and you can never run again" won't work very well with the amount of players we have.

I will not be voting on the current proposal though.

BBM
Citizen

Back to top Go down

Post  UltimaAvalon Tue Nov 11, 2008 8:18 pm

Actually, Mokina made a good point. This proposal is just the set-up for the position, and we can make later amendments and proposals to refine the position. Besides, according to the most recent scoreboard, no one is even close to the 10 points needed for this proposal to affect anyone in the first place, so we have time.

Change vote to Yes

UltimaAvalon
Citizen

Back to top Go down

Post  chenhsi Wed Nov 12, 2008 10:48 pm

vote: yes

Sure, why not?

chenhsi
Committee Chair

Back to top Go down

Post  animorpherv1 Thu Nov 13, 2008 4:24 pm

vote:YES this is a good proposal.
animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Council Member

Back to top Go down

Post  skitzer Thu Nov 13, 2008 5:33 pm

Vote No I agree with what UA originally said. They should be elected, and if we want them elected, we should start out by doing that.

skitzer
Council Chair

https://nomic.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  chenhsi Fri Nov 14, 2008 6:28 pm

This proposal has passed 8 to 1.

chenhsi
Committee Chair

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down