Simple Nomic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rule Proposal 13: Brainstorming (PASSED)

+4
pyrodwarf
BBM
Mokina
Pentadragon
8 posters

Go down

Rule Proposal 13: Brainstorming (PASSED) Empty Rule Proposal 13: Brainstorming (PASSED)

Post  Pentadragon Mon Nov 10, 2008 9:18 pm

Under this proposal, players will be permitted to post topics to share, develop and discuss proposals before they are formally submitted to Rule Proposals forum. To contain these topics, a new forum titled "Brainstrorming" shall be created.

Topics within the brainstorming thread must contain the (working) title of the idea being discussed. Initially, there will be no cost to posting a topic with the Brainstorming forum. All players may post within the Brainstorming forum.

If more than three days pass without a reply in a thread within the Brainstorming forum, it will be locked.

The creator of this proposal would like to stress that everything within the Brainstorming thread is still subject to future game mechanics and legistaltion. Therefore, changes to it may be made once it is created.

Last edited by Pentadragon on Mon Nov 10, 2008 9:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Pentadragon
Pentadragon
Activist

Back to top Go down

Rule Proposal 13: Brainstorming (PASSED) Empty Re: Rule Proposal 13: Brainstorming (PASSED)

Post  Mokina Mon Nov 10, 2008 9:43 pm

If more than three days pass without a reply in a thread within the Brainstorming forum, it will be locked.

Not sure how I feel about this. I'd like to have a more in-character way of dealing with the brainstorming... an inn or tavern, perhaps? I'd also prefer a place where anything can be discussed, policy-related or otherwise, for as long as we want.

Abstain for now.

Also, this should be entitled Proposal 13.
Mokina
Mokina
Cartographer

Back to top Go down

Rule Proposal 13: Brainstorming (PASSED) Empty Re: Rule Proposal 13: Brainstorming (PASSED)

Post  Pentadragon Mon Nov 10, 2008 9:58 pm

Mokina wrote:

Not sure how I feel about this. I'd like to have a more in-character way of dealing with the brainstorming... an inn or tavern, perhaps? I'd also prefer a place where anything can be discussed, policy-related or otherwise, for as long as we want.

Abstain for now.

Also, this should be entitled Proposal 13.

Can proposals be editted?
Pentadragon
Pentadragon
Activist

Back to top Go down

Post  Mokina Mon Nov 10, 2008 10:01 pm

Not at the moment, but you can repropose. Personally, I am enjoying the irony.
Mokina
Mokina
Cartographer

Back to top Go down

Post  Pentadragon Mon Nov 10, 2008 10:05 pm

Mokina wrote:Not at the moment, but you can repropose. Personally, I am enjoying the irony.

My apologies, my last reply wasn't really thought out and I am unsure why I posted it.

I meant something along the lines of Brainstorming can be the place for OOC proposal discussion as participating in Nomia is not mandantory. A Pub forum or thread can be created on a later date for IC posts and proposal discussion. Until then however, it would be nice to have some kind of way to discuss before proposing.
Pentadragon
Pentadragon
Activist

Back to top Go down

Post  BBM Mon Nov 10, 2008 10:08 pm

Perhaps a form of Parliamentary Procedure (as in someone motions to vote, and a simple majority allows the proposal to move to a vote)?

BBM
Citizen

Back to top Go down

Post  Mokina Mon Nov 10, 2008 10:26 pm

BBM wrote:Perhaps a form of Parliamentary Procedure (as in someone motions to vote, and a simple majority allows the proposal to move to a vote)?

That's not really the concern here; the problem is that people come up with good ideas and then are forced to guess what people will accept.

I suppose, considering that not everyone will play Nomia, I shall Vote: Yes
Mokina
Mokina
Cartographer

Back to top Go down

Post  pyrodwarf Tue Nov 11, 2008 12:18 am

vote: yes
this will help new players, like myself.
pyrodwarf
pyrodwarf
Activist

Back to top Go down

Post  Cybele Tue Nov 11, 2008 12:49 am

Mokina wrote:The problem is that people come up with good ideas and then are forced to guess what people will accept.
This exactly. Vote AYE
Cybele
Cybele
Council Member

Back to top Go down

Post  animorpherv1 Thu Nov 13, 2008 4:19 pm

vote:AYE
animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Council Member

Back to top Go down

Post  skitzer Thu Nov 13, 2008 5:06 pm

Vote: Yes this was in the original plans for this site, but then I cut it down to bare Nomic.

skitzer
Council Chair

https://nomic.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  chenhsi Fri Nov 14, 2008 6:22 pm

This proposal has passed 6 to 0.

chenhsi
Committee Chair

Back to top Go down

Post  skitzer Fri Nov 14, 2008 7:01 pm

Voting on this Proposal has ended.

There are 6 Yeas.
There are no Nays.

This Proposal has passed.

skitzer
Council Chair

https://nomic.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down