Simple Nomic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rule Proposal 30: Nomian Agricultural Development Act

+6
animorpherv1
Snix
Lord Gurgi
Pentadragon
Cybele
Mokina
10 posters

Go down

Rule Proposal 30: Nomian Agricultural Development Act Empty Rule Proposal 30: Nomian Agricultural Development Act

Post  Mokina Sat Nov 15, 2008 5:57 pm

Nomia City has encountered a serious problem. There's no food. Nobody's starved yet, but everyone's kind of subsisting on whatever they can grow themselves. The same construction merchant who passes through here every once in a while says he can bring in seeds and lumber. I propose we open the agriculture industry to council and individual player development.

Constructing a Farm costs 50 silver coins, plus an upkeep of 10 silver coins per week. Any player controlling a farm will generate silver coins equal to the number of Nomic citizens divided by the number of farms currently in play.

Depending on leadership positions created in the future, some players may be able to invest funds from the council's vault on behalf of the city. Construction of player farms must be on player-owned land, while city farms may be placed anywhere but the tracts.

All farm placement will be subject to existing and future cartography laws.
Mokina
Mokina
Cartographer

Back to top Go down

Rule Proposal 30: Nomian Agricultural Development Act Empty Re: Rule Proposal 30: Nomian Agricultural Development Act

Post  Cybele Sat Nov 15, 2008 6:05 pm

Vote AYE
Cybele
Cybele
Council Member

Back to top Go down

Rule Proposal 30: Nomian Agricultural Development Act Empty Re: Rule Proposal 30: Nomian Agricultural Development Act

Post  Pentadragon Sat Nov 15, 2008 6:10 pm

Vote: Yes

However, I must say that as more people get farms 10 silver pieces may not be enough.
Pentadragon
Pentadragon
Activist

Back to top Go down

Post  Lord Gurgi Sat Nov 15, 2008 6:24 pm

I would like a provision for the selling of a farm. This is to allow self correction should too many farms be built.

Lord Gurgi
Citizen

Back to top Go down

Post  Snix Sat Nov 15, 2008 7:07 pm

vote yes
Snix
Snix
Housing Director

Back to top Go down

Post  Mokina Sat Nov 15, 2008 7:09 pm

Pentadragon wrote:Vote: Yes

However, I must say that as more people get farms 10 silver pieces may not be enough.

I would like a provision for the selling of a farm. This is to allow self correction should too many farms be built.

I don't think there's anyone a farm can realistically be sold to. In any case, people won't build more farms if it isn't profitable to do so... unless they really hate all the other people who have bought them.

The 10 coin weekly cost will stack for each farm you own, so it will be self-correcting.
Mokina
Mokina
Cartographer

Back to top Go down

Post  Lord Gurgi Sat Nov 15, 2008 7:12 pm

Mokina wrote:

I don't think there's anyone a farm can realistically be sold to. In any case, people won't build more farms if it isn't profitable to do so... unless they really hate all the other people who have bought them.

The 10 coin weekly cost will stack for each farm you own, so it will be self-correcting.
And if you fail to pay upkeep? Does it just blow up, disappear, or what? Why not have an auction, which will allow the resale?

Lord Gurgi
Citizen

Back to top Go down

Post  Mokina Sat Nov 15, 2008 7:19 pm

Lord Gurgi wrote:
Mokina wrote:

And if you fail to pay upkeep? Does it just blow up, disappear, or what? Why not have an auction, which will allow the resale?

I imagine it reverts to city ownership.
Mokina
Mokina
Cartographer

Back to top Go down

Post  Pentadragon Sat Nov 15, 2008 7:20 pm

Mokina wrote:
Lord Gurgi wrote:
Mokina wrote:

I imagine it reverts to city ownership.

Is Nomia a nation or a city?
Pentadragon
Pentadragon
Activist

Back to top Go down

Post  Mokina Sat Nov 15, 2008 7:22 pm

Nomia City would be the city-state as it exists right now. If we draw up a bigger map for the nation, we might end up looking at Nomia (as a nation) on a larger scale.
Mokina
Mokina
Cartographer

Back to top Go down

Post  Pentadragon Sat Nov 15, 2008 7:24 pm

Mokina wrote:

Nomia City would be the city-state as it exists right now. If we draw up a bigger map for the nation, we might end up looking at Nomia (as a nation) on a larger scale.

AH, I see.

Thank you.
Pentadragon
Pentadragon
Activist

Back to top Go down

Post  animorpherv1 Sat Nov 15, 2008 8:09 pm

vote:Yes
animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Council Member

Back to top Go down

Post  pyrodwarf Sun Nov 16, 2008 1:11 am

vote:yes
pyrodwarf
pyrodwarf
Activist

Back to top Go down

Post  xelada Sun Nov 16, 2008 8:42 am

Yes

can it grow resources that the owner actually can sell/craft with?
xelada
xelada
Citizen

Back to top Go down

Post  HPew Sun Nov 16, 2008 12:28 pm

vote: yes

HPew
Citizen

Back to top Go down

Post  chenhsi Sun Nov 16, 2008 1:00 pm

Hmm... vote: yes

How many citizens do we have?

chenhsi
Committee Chair

Back to top Go down

Post  Mokina Sun Nov 16, 2008 3:19 pm

chenhsi wrote:Hmm... vote: yes

At the moment we have 20. With the creation of additional houses, this will go up.
Mokina
Mokina
Cartographer

Back to top Go down

Post  animorpherv1 Sun Nov 16, 2008 3:24 pm

Mokina wrote:
chenhsi wrote:Hmm... vote: yes

At the moment we have 20. With the creation of additional houses, this will go up.

When people get paid.
animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Council Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Mokina Sun Nov 16, 2008 3:25 pm

Each week, along with the farm upkeep calculation.
Mokina
Mokina
Cartographer

Back to top Go down

Post  Cybele Sun Nov 16, 2008 4:09 pm

xelada wrote:Yes

can it grow resources that the owner actually can sell/craft with?
Potentially. That can be decided with future propositions.
Cybele
Cybele
Council Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down